NANUET, N.Y. -- The Alzheimer's Association's Hudson Valley Chapter will host several free events in the coming weeks and months, beginning with a series of classes at the Nanuet Public Library.
The Nanuet Public Library will host the following classes on Wednesdays at 11 a.m.:
- July 27: “Know the 10 Signs: Early Detection Matters”
- Aug. 3: “The Basics: Memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease”
- Aug. 10: “Healthy living for your brain and body: Tips from the latest research”
Nanuet Public Library is located at 179 Church St.
The Tappan Library at 93 Main St. will also present the "Know the 10 Signs" class on Wednesday, Aug. 10 at 5:30 p.m.
Haverstraw Kings' Daughters Public Library at 10 West Ramapo Road will offer "The Basics" on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 7 p.m.
"Know the 10 Signs"will be presented during a meeting of Jeevan Jyoti, an Indo-American Support Group for people over 50, at the Street School Community Service Room at 31 Zukor Road in New City on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 9 a.m.
“Alzheimer’s Advocacy 101” will be offered at Meals on Wheels at 121 West Nyack Road in Nanuet on Wednesday, Aug. 17 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Meals on Wheels will also host an educational series from 7 to 8:30 p.m. every third Thursday of the month through December:
- July 19: “Healthy living for your brain and body”
- Aug. 16: “Know the 10 Signs”
- Sept. 20: “Legal and financial planning for Alzheimer’s disease”
- Oct. 18: “Effective Communication Strategies”
- Nov. 15: “Coping with the Holidays”
- Dec. 20: “Virtual Dementia Tour”
Call 845-649-6776 to reserve a slot in this hands-on activity simulating Alzheimer's symptoms.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.