ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- It's officially summer. Time to head outdoors and enjoy a slice of sunshine with your entree (or cocktail).
Lucky for Rockland residents, there are plenty of options for dining alfresco.The only hard part? Picking just one. What follows is a sampling of outdoor spots; feel free to add your favorites in our Comments or on Facebook.
- Art Cafe, Nyack: Israeli favorites like borekas, shakshooka, hummus platters and more are on the menu at this coffee-driven cafe where the art of the pour is taken very seriously. You'll also find a variety of wines, beers and Prosecco cocktails, all of which seem to taste better sitting on the front patio under the shade of an umbrella.The restaurant, it should be noted, was a 2016 DVlicious "Best Outdoor Dining" winner. Soak Up Summer : 65 S. Broadway, (845) 353-4230.
- Blu Fig, New City: A nice sized patio awaits at this cozy Mediterranean spot where fresh salads, specialty pizzas and inventive small plates are on the menu. Soak Up Summer: 191 S. Main St., 845-708-5686.
- Catch on the Hudson, Haverstraw: A gorgeous river view, along with high caliber cuisine make this place -- pardon the pun -- quote a "catch." Among the menu items: a house-cured Atlantic salmon gravlax timbale doused in tequila and brown sugar, a chilled seafood salad medley and pepper-seared colossal diver scallops. Soak Up Summer: 16 Front St., 845-942-1616.
- Hudson Water Club, West Haverstraw: A panoramic view of the Hudson -- and the boats that are docked here -- make this a prime waterfront seat. Order a gold class of Chardonnay with some raw bar options and be prepared to linger. Soak Up Summer: 606 Beach Rd., 845-271-4046.
- La Fontana, Nyack: A sizeable stone patio complete with shaded umbrellas and babbling water fountains makes this classic Italian restaurant a calm oasis. Soak Up Summer: 95 S Broadway, 845-358-3770.
- Pier 701, Piermont: There's a beachy vibe to Pier 701 thanks to its outdoor tiki bar and sandy beach. Come for the prix fix Sunset Menu Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m. and enjoy three courses for $29.95. Soak Up Summer: 701 Piermont Ave., Piermont, 845-848-2550.
- Rhodes North Tavern, Sloatsburg: Put on your flip flops and head to Rhodes where you'll find a huge patio with and outdoor bar and creekside seating. Check out their Facebook page for information on live music. Soak Up Summer: 40 Orange Turnpike, 845-753-6438.
- Sidewalk Bistro, Piermont: You have your choice here: The ample sidewalk seating in the front, ideal for people-watching, or the cozy garden in the back with its shaded trees. Either way, this charming French bistro is a popular crowd-pleaser. Soak Up Summer: 482 Piermont Ave., 845-680-6460.
- T.F. Noonan's, Pearl River: T he beer garden is open. That's all you need to know. That, plus the fact that those brews pair well with the eatery's oversized burgers and wings. -- and the kitchen stays open till 3 a.m. An outdoor patio and a kitchen Soak Up Summer: 16 E Central Ave., 845-735-6427.
- The Burger Loft, New City: If the back patio isn't enough to whet your whistle, the always fresh-ground burgers should be. The Loft also sports 12 eclectic craft beers on tap as well as creatively craft cocktails made with fresh-squeezed citrus, muddled berries, fresh ginger and basil. Soak Up Summer: 395 S Main St., 845-499-2409.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.