ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. – The 2017 class of Leadership Rockland will feature 25 of the top emerging leaders from a diverse range of backgrounds including politics to banking and police officers.
Leadership Rockland, in its 27th year, is the county's premier leadership program in which members attend day-long sessions for 10 months focusing on topics including education, history, the environment and healthcare.
The sessions are conducted by the top professionals and organizations in each respective industry. Class members were selected in a highly competitive process.
“We are delighted to welcome another outstanding group of emerging leaders from across Rockland’s diverse business and civic community,” said Dan Weisberg, the chair of Leadership Rockland. “I’ve always considered Leadership Rockland to be the equivalent of a Master’s program in Rockland County. We take great pride in developing a curriculum that introduces the class to the key issues facing Rockland today and in the future.”
Next year's Leadership Rockland class includes:
- Christopher Bax, Town of Clarkstown Police Department
- Kim Bell, Rockland BOCES
- Christian Cortelli, Town of Clarkstown Police Department
- Gina Daschbach, Gina Daschbach Marketing
- Lauren Eisen, Rogers, McCarron & Habas
- JoAnne Fratianni, Town of Clarkstown Police Department
- Dan Garcia, Sociamerica, Inc.
- Melissa Grau, Dominican College
- Mark Griffith, Jr., The Griffith Agency
- Irene Gutmann, Eagle Business Building
- Michele Hanebuth, Orange and Rockland Utilities
- Jason Horowitz, Rand Commercial Realty
- Abbie Huff, Hudson River Presbytery
- David Jacobsen, BRiDGES
- Matthew Konecni, Chase Bank
- Michael Leidner, Head Start of Rockland
- Jesse Malowitz, Congresswoman Nita Lowey
- Marisa Marrone, Bell-ans Center of Creative Arts
- Sharon Martini, Meals on Wheels
- Kristin Ozanian, Madeline Wiebicke & The Home Team/ Keller Williams
- Donna Ramundo, Retired
- Joel Santana, Haverstraw King's Daughters Public Library
- Matthew Shelley, Jawonio, Inc.
- Marissa Weidner, Sterling National Bank
- Howard Wilen, Access Rehabilitation Services/ Bon Secours Charity Health System
To learn more or to apply, visit www.leadershiprockland.org .