ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- An Orangetown police officer barely escaped injury after a Pomona man threw a beer bottle at his head for no reason and then took off running , according to the Orangetown Police Department.
- A faint cry for help heard by a resident in Ramapo Tuesday evening led to the emergency rescue of an Airmont woman who had been laying in her driveway for more than two hours after falling.
- Nanuet's Rockland Bakery has been at it for over 75 years, expanding from simply a neighborhood bakery to a wholesale giant that has over 200 routes, to four surrounding states plus Massachusetts and Delaware.
- A Pearl River man who tested at twice the legal limit for driving drunk, slammed his car into the center divider on Route 304, according to the Orangetown Police.
- A former Briarcliff Manor police officer is facing life in prison after being charged with quadruple homicide for allegedly killing four people who were “in the wrong place at the wrong time," according to United States Attorney for the Southern District Preet Bharara.
- A Rockland man accused of misappropriating thousands of dollars from a $1.2 million investment fund is facing a federal charge of wire fraud , according to court documents.
- The Balancing Stork, a jewelry line created by Carrie Panoff, M.D., a Suffern resident and an OB/GYN with Ramapo Valley OB/GYN in Pomona, marries her professional expertise with her personal experience. And now, her new Nine Month bracelet is available on Uncommon Goods, the catalog and website known for unusual and unique gifts.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.