ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Community members rallied behind a Pearl River family whose home was destroyed in a fire on Wednesday and helped the family raise more than $15,000 to replace clothes, furniture and other necessities.
- Orangetown police charged two men in separate incidents with drug possession following traffic stops.
- A Pearl River man was charged with DWAI after officers found him Wednesday parked in a handicapped space of a closed-down restaurant in Airmont, according to the Ramapo Police Department.
- North Rockland Central School District's Best Buddies United cheerleaders tore up the floor last Saturday with their rocking routines.
- The Ramapo and Orangetown police departments are warning residents of a new phone scam.
- A chief building inspector accused of falsifying public records and stealing $150,000 from taxpayers is facing 188 criminal counts.
- Rockland morning commuters and talk radio fans will be happy to know "The Steve and Patrick Morning Show," on WRCR AM 1700 are back on air after a short internet-only run.
- Family-run restaurant Martio's Olé Time Pizza Parlour in Nanuet has been serving great pizza for nearly 60 years and is a fixture of the community.