ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Congers resident James B. Sheridan has been charged with attempted murder after attacking a man in Pearl River.
- A 23-year-old New Hempstead man is behind bars after he allegedly choked his wife and broke her cell phone Sunday night, Dec. 25.
- Dueling funding plans by the Rockland County Legislature and County Executive Ed Day leaves 30 nonprofit agencies without funding unless one of the two blinks first and decides to compromise.
- State Sen. David Carlucci joined a host of locals on the Tappan Zee Bridge viewing platform Wednesday to call for the creation of a toll Task Force and for hearings to discuss a resident toll discount program.
- The owner of Town Square Center in the Ramapo hamlet of Monsey wants the town to approve the formation of a Business Improvement District, which, he says, could help improve pedestrian safety and trash collection, among other things.
- Restaurant X and Bully Bar in Congers was named the winner of Daily Voice's DVlicious “Special Occasion Restaurant” contest.
- The Honorable Peter Branti Jr, 79, of Pomona formerly of Haverstraw, died on Friday, Dec. 23.
- A $30 million development will bring luxury apartments to a former industrial site in Nyack.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.