ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Ashley Nicole Badenchini, 25, of Stony Point lost her life on Sunday, Feb. 12, after being struck by a pickup truck that she had just gotten out of, according to the Stony Point Police.
- Tyrone Jackson, 20, formerly of Sloatsburg, was killed when his car skidded on ice and snow on Friday, Feb. 10.
- A retired Clarkstown police officer who hasn't worked for the department since suffering a pair of arm injuries in 2012 won his lawsuit for $185,000 in back pay.
- A Nyack woman was nabbed for DWI by Orangetown Police after she crashed her vehicle into a tree and rock wall in Palisades on Tuesday, police said.
- Three New Jersey men found themselves behind bars after Orangetown Police nabbed them with stolen credit and Social Security cards, according to the Orangetown Police.
- A Haverstraw man was arrested Friday, Jan. 27, for stealing, and then charging more than $800 on his former boss's credit card, according to the Stony Point Police.
- Charges against former Schumer aide Cody Peluso -- arrested last May in Stony Point for possession of prescription pills and steroids -- were ultimately dismissed, according to legal documents.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.