ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- A drunk, texting tow truck driver injured two people on Route 17 early Monday in a head-on crash when he crossed the double yellow line. Click here to read the entire story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- Ramapo police are still trying to figure out who was behind the wheel of a vehicle that crashed Tuesday near Viola Elementary School in the Village of Montebello after two men switched seats.
- Trying to cross Route 17 that doubles as the village of Sloatsburg's main street, can be a challenge at just about any time of the day.
- Scott Paness of Nanuet was working in his front yard Wednesday when he looked down and found a new friend, a 4-foot-long iguana with spiky thorns along its back.
- The New York Senate has passed a bill that will rename an I-287 interchange in Rockland County after a prominent African American attorney and Supreme Court Justice.
- Three officers names will be added to the Rockland County Law Enforcement Memorial Wall during a special ceremony on Sunday, May 21.
- Fed up with congestion on the Route 59 corridor, retailers and residents are taking action by getting behind a grassroots coalition -- Improve59 -- to come up with solutions for major improvements.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.