ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Former Police Sgt. Stephen Cole-Hatchard, who resigned after being put on leave, is accused of removing the hard drive from his police office computer and later replacing it .
- A Westchester woman driving drunk at speeds up to 96 mph on Interstate 87 was charged under Leandra's Law for having her 11-year-old child in the car with her.
- "The Girl on the Train" author Paula Hawkins says the choice of the Hudson Valley as the backdrop for the upcoming film based on her book works well because the area is beautiful "in a slightly creepy way."
- A request by suspended Clarkstown Police Chief Michael Sullivan to be reinstated was denied .
- A young woman was killed Friday afternoon after she jumped into the path of an NJ Transit train in Ramsey.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.