ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- A man was saved from jumping off the side of the new Tappan Zee Bridge Tuesday afternoon after state police said they received numerous 911 calls from passing motorists. Click here to read the story.
In other news this past week (Click on the link to read entire story):
- Rockland residents with a craving for BBQ are finally in luck.
- Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who inappropriately touched a 13-year-old girl on Tuesday at the Target store in the Spring Valley Marketplace.
- The body of a woman who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge in April was recovered in the Hudson River Wednesday night after the occupants of a cabin cruiser passing through the area spotted the body and notified police.
- Several Garnerville residents who were displaced after a car fire jumped to their apartment house on Hurd Avenue should be able to return home later Tuesday, according to the West Haverstraw Fire Inspector.
- Chelsea Leigh of New City said it was "just crazy luck" that she was the first person to drive across the new Tappan Zee Bridge early Saturday morning.
- Law enforcement agencies in Rockland are seeking the community’s assistance as they search for a missing teenager.
- For real-time Rockland news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Rockland County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Rockland Daily Voice on Twitter @DVRockland by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.