ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- The first four police officers to arrive at the scene of the attempted terrorist attack at the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Monday, including one from Rockland, are being hailed as heroes for stopping the bomber from reaching for his cell phone. Click here to read the story.
In other news this past week (Click on the link to read entire story):
- A 48-year-old woman was found dead inside her vehicle at Nyack Beach State Park by the Clarkstown Police.
- An explosive World War II relic was found at a Clarkstown construction site on Wednesday morning.
- A Congers woman is in Nyack Hospital after being struck by a car while attempting to cross Route 303, according to the Clarkstown Police.
- A driver impaired by drugs and his passenger were busted with hallucinogens in Rockland during a welfare check on the New York Thruway, police said.
- For real-time Rockland news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Rockland County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Rockland Daily Voice on Twitter @DVRockland by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.