ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- The Clarkstown Police suspended Officer William Olive r for allegedly attacking his ex-girlfriend.
- Voters in the Clarkstown School District on Thursday approved a $36.2 million bond to repair aging school facilities after a tense battle.
- A 19-year-old homeless Manhattan man who pleaded not guilty to murder and robbery charges Thursday during his arraignment in state Supreme Court in New City says he was fending off a sexual attack when he fatally stabbed Michael Wimbert on Dec. 1.
- A tractor-trailer accident on Interstate 87 in Hillburn killed a Bridgegport, Conn. man .
- The Rockland County Legislature appointed Mendel Taub of Spring Valley as the newest member of the Rockland Community College Board of Trustees.
- The Spring Valley man who was the subject of a manhunt Friday in Stony Point was apprehended in Ramsey, N.J.
- Ramapo’s former police chief topped a list of the state’s highest paid local workers .
- The first freshman athlete in North Rockland High School history gave a verbal commitment to a Division I college program.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.