CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. -- As a result of suspended rail service on the Port Jervis and Pascack Valley lines following the crash of a New Jersey Transit train Thursday, commuters are being offered a variety of transit options as alternatives.
- Tappan ZEExpress bus service will be honoring all NJ Transit rail tickets until further notice.
- Metro-North will provide alternate bus service during the PM Peak on Thursday for Pascack Valley Line and Port Jervis Line customers: For Pascack Valley Line and Port Jervis Line customers traveling to Suffern, Sloatsburg, Tuxedo, Harriman and Salisbury Mills, take Hudson Line train service to Tarrytown Station for connecting bus service to Pearl River, Nanuet and Spring Valley on the Pascack Valley Line and Suffern, Sloatsburg, Tuxedo, Harriman and Salisbury Mills stations on the Port Jervis Line.Buses will meet trains departing Grand Central Terminal between 3:43 and 8:33 p.m.
- The Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines are running from Secaucus north on a "modified weekend schedule" this afternoon and evening. Officials suggest using Penn Station.
- For Friday , an alternate service plan is being developed and customers should stay connected for the latest updates by visiting www.mta.info/mnr . For schedule information go to: http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm .
- Metro-North is also honoring all NJ Transit rail tickets on the Hudson line at Tarrytown.
- NY Waterway's Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry , NJT bus and private carriers are also honoring NJT rail tickets and passes.
- Additional TZx bus service will be provided for Thursday's commute between Tarrytown and the Palisades Center Park & Ride.