ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Saray Gonzales, 23, of Stony Point, was charged Monday with tampering with evidence in connection with a robbery-stabbing that took place Feb. 23.
- Mahwah detectives cracked the robbery of a 7-Eleven near the New York State border with the arrest of a 24-year-old Suffern man, authorities said Thursday.
- Niche.com, an online ranking and review site, has released its 2017 list of the 100 best Catholic high schools in the state, with Bardonia’s Albertus Magnus High School coming in at No. 38.
- Construction is on track for the new T.J. Maxx and Sierra Trading Post slated to open early this fall in Nanuet at the Rockland Center.
- Twenty one Rockland County restaurants will participate in The Valley Table’s Spring 2017 Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, scheduled for March 6-19.
- A 26-year-old Pomona man was charged with driving under the influence after fleeing from the scene of a crash and losing control of his vehicle as he fled, police said.
- A registered sex offender accused of assaulting two minors now lives in Spring Valley, according to the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services.
- Rockland County Executive Ed Day marked the start of Women's History month and his new Women's Initiative Wednesday by naming Senior Chief Mary E. Cavanagh the Rockland Female Veteran of the Year.