ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Local officials are calling for increased barriers after a 57-year-old woman jumped to her death at the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack early Monday afternoon. Click here to read the story.
In other news this past week (Click on the link to read entire story):
- Nyack High School seniors will hold a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. Thursday to honor the memory of a fellow senior who died early in the day, resulting in the postponement of commencement exercises.
- It's officially summer. Time to head outdoors and enjoy a slice of sunshine with your entree (or cocktail).
- Two Spring Valley men and a third from Connecticut are facing possession of stolen property charges after being stopped while driving a stolen car on Tuesday, June 13, said Spring Valley Police.
- Five dead dogs and 21 adult Husky dogs were taken from a Stony Point home on Thursday after the Hudson Valley Humane Society received complaints of unsanitary conditions, according to the Stony Point Police.
- The New York State Senate has approved a bill that would name the new Tappan Zee Bridge after Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s late father, Mario.
To sign up for Daily Voice's email news alerts, click on the links below for each of our four Rockland sites: