CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. -- Eight students and two teachers at Clarkstown South and North high schools are among those who were interviewed recently for an article in The Wall Street Journal focused on the educational uses of smart phones.
Heidi Bernasconi, a science teacher at Clarkstown North, and Dani Kennis, a history teacher in the district, coached the teenagers before speaking to The Wall Street Journal, helping them to identify questions to expect and to craft thoughtful, detailed answers, according to a statement from the district.
The students interviewed include:
- Brendan McKiernan, Clarkstown South, sophomore
- Lizz Braun, Clarkstown South, sophomore
- Jessica Chapman, Clarkstown South, sophomore
- Matt Schwalberg, Clarkstown North, senior
- Tina Thermadam, Clarkstown North, senior
- Francesca Dominianni, Clarkstown North, senior
- Ariel Ben-Zvy, Clarkstown North, senior
- Ashley Garcia, Clarkstown North, senior
According to the district, Benasconi and Kennis also were a focus of the article, which discussed some of the "novel ways they are incorporating smart devices in their classroom lessons and ... how they are teaching students to use these small, but powerful, devices for school work."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.